Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 off to an okay start

Yesterday we got up semi-early and went out to see Avatar in IMAX 3D... at 9:10am! That kinda messed up the rest of the day -- how does one recover from a 2.5-hour movie? We wandered around Northgate for a while (I bought beautiful Christmas cards at 70% off -- I WILL send cards this year! -- but otherwise we really just wandered. I don't think we even really went into shops. Weird. Then we went to the U District for Indian food and to peer in the windows at Upper Playground (closed).

Once home, we fiddled around a bit -- couldn't really get anything going, for some reason. But I settled in and did a couple of hours stitching on "Joseph". I always forget just how slow counted cross stitch is. But it is coming together. I should be able to finish him in January *and* start work on Hare. Maybe?

Today is a day of tidying -- dishes, catboxes, the shower. Tomorrow we say farewell to our Christmas decorations -- if not tomorrow, then it won't be until late January, and that's weird. :) But I still hope to work on Joseph for an hour or so each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment