Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 crafting

Well, on my days off I did manage to get the FE gifts done -- yay! And I "finished" my running scrapbook, including a "milestones" page that shows off my mileage awards. Also... drumroll please... I started my WDW scrapbook! Of course, I only have a title page, a travel page, and an expo page... and there are lots and lots of things left to scrap. But I feel good about the projects -- I organized my paper (a little) and I think I now can work on the WDW project without having to dig in the basement. Not sure if I'll have the chance to do more before we head back south -- and I realized that I didn't actually have any of Wil's pics. So there's more to still print. But it's a start, which is always the hardest part.

Next steps: look at Wil's pics, choose some to print, and then move on. I think I've scrapped up to the start -- just now need to scrap the race itself. I don't have a lot of pictures -- some from around mile 6, some from around mile 10 in the Magic Kingdom, some on the back stretch (Mary Poppins!), and some from Hollywood Studios. Oh, and there are the official photos. Maybe I'll do a little work tomorrow -- it would be GREAT to get the race scrapped, if not the other bits of the vacation. :)

As far as other crafting goes -- not sure where to go next. Maybe do a little work on the nativity Joseph -- if I finish him, I can start the Hare needlepoint. A smaller project might be better than something so daunting.

And I should confess that, after my trip up north for my birthday scrub (new year, new skin!) I went to JoAnn for a look around on the last day I might be allowed to make craft purchases. :) I bought some cardstock to coordinate with the Disney scrapbooks, along with some wooden bases for my cat project idea. Oh, and a couple of very inexpensive blank artist canvases because I really hope we get to meet Joe Ledbetter this year. Still pondering the idea of commissioning him to do a portrait (or two portraits) of our cats? Or does that officially push us into crazy catpeople? And I bought some pens because I want to "journal" more on my pages -- without having to make little squares to journal in.

So.... bring on 2010! I hope it's a creatively fulfilling year!

No comments:

Post a Comment