Tuesday, December 22, 2009

slow work...

STILL working on mom's bookmark -- getting down to crunch time now. Also panicked today because I can't remember what else -- if anything? -- I got her?!? Oh, wait, the calendar. Ahhhh. Less panicky. Though I still really need to finish the damn bookmark! I was really hoping to finish it tonight, but instead we had a visit from our pals -- which was lovely!

I keep thinking of things I could be making -- rather than finishing the projects I am working on. Naughty me. Was naughty today -- ran in to Half Price Books looking for a new Susan Wittig Albert book for my mystery-loving mom (to go with her bookmark, of course...). They didn't have any hardbacks in the China Bayles series, so I was heading out... and then swung through the craft section. Found two fantastic books on bargello needlepoint, which for some reason has been calling to me for a while. I mean, I have all that wool downstairs -- bargello seems like the perfect way to use some of it up! Oh, that reminds me that some day I'd like to make the carpet python draft dodger -- sweet and funny. Maybe...

Anyway, just looking at the bargello pattern makes me want to work with wool... but I MUST FINISH THE BOOKMARK. Must. I'm 1/4 of the way done with the border -- I should be able to move that along relatively quickly. No real counting to speak of -- just stitch stitch stitch.

Oh, and the bottlecap samples came yesterday; the flattened ones are perfect with the "glaze drops", so I ordered 100 of each. Can't wait to get the supplies so I can get moving on those! Which reminds me -- I need to print up some of the frames and such tomorrow.

SO. Tomorrow at work: print out the frames and other pieces. Tomorrow at home: finish the freakin' bookmark!!! Make Chuck's "gift card". Wrap up the last few gifts.

I can't wait to start work on the needlepoint. Wondering if I should discipline myself to, say, finish the "Joseph" before I start the needlepoint? Hmmm. I do feel that, if I didn't force myself to work on the nativity set, I would never finish it. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment