Monday, December 7, 2009

a few projects...

After yesterday's trip to the "stash store", I scribbled down a list -- surprisingly, shamefully long -- of projects I could do with little or no shopping required. Here follows the list, including what might be needed for completion, if anything.
Fish Extender for cruise (dowel for hanging)
FE gift magnets (may need a few more "jewels")
nativity set
needlebook using the V&A "fish" cross stitch piece
scissor case in the V&A "fish" pattern
"joy" and "noel" trivet/??? (may need to research trivet ideas)
hare pattern needlepoint
recycled blue sweater scarf
recycled pink sweater scarf
recycled purple sweater scarf
earring sets x3 (may need additional ear wires...)
brick cover (I need a brick!)
xmas cat toys
crochet ruffle scarf
tiger needlepoint
running shirt quilt (may need backing...)
Bub photo pillow (may need "fur" for edging)
Kiki photo pillow (may need "fur" for edging)
Christmas tablemats
Halloween fireplace scarf/banner
Dutch hotpads
Asian bookmark
deMorgan bellpull
WDW marathon / Goofy scrapbook
big long trip scrapbook
build road trip scrapbook (need extra page holders and post extenders)

Wow. That should keep me busy through 2015, at least...

It's the first time in a while, however, that I actually feel excited about crafting. Last night I actually unpicked the problematic "Joseph" stitching -- which I believe was the reason I put the nativity project aside all those years ago -- and started it again.
It's not going to happen for this Christmas, but I can see this as an awesome 2010 Christmas gift. :)

I need to take this list of potential projects and prioritize them, but for now, it's both inspiring and daunting to see the list totally unsorted. Now I've got to count "jewels" for my magnets...

No comments:

Post a Comment