Tuesday, December 8, 2009

excited for Friday

So I'm taking Friday off (still trying to use my "use them or lose them" PTO days before 12/31) and I'm SO EXCITED to spend the day crafting! I am nearly as excited at the prospect of doing my first "project completion shop" after work on Thursday while I wait for Wil's work event to finish.

Thursday's shopping list:
I. Finishing touches for the two Christmas stitchery pieces (stitched when I lived in the apartment on 17th...)
A. 2 5x5 white frames
B. stickyback felt for the frames
C. stitch mounting board

II. Finishing touches for the FE gifts (to be finished by 1/6/10)
A. 60 magnets
B. silicone glue / sealer
(this project will use up nearly all of the glass pieces I bought YEARS AGO to make magnets with!)

III. Finishing touches for the Fish Extender (to be finished by 1/6/10)
A. felt squares in orange, blue, and lime (bring Goofy for color reference)
B. thin dowel (bring those little end caps!)
(this project will use up some of my fabric stash, an ancient package of bias tape, as well as a sheet of my printable silk!)

Here is what I'm thinking of doing on Friday:

1. making magnets, step one -- images under glass
2. paint fish extender dowel
3. cut out fabric pieces for fish extender
4. stitch names on to pieces
5. sew extender together
6. bind edges
7. finish top!

Ambitious, but should be possible! The challenge will be coming up with a design that I'm happy with for the top panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment