Monday, December 14, 2009

Secret Santa...

Tonight got home, assembled my supplies... and realized I couldn't find my gold inkpad. I found the black one and the two shades of purple from Suz's shower invites... but I no sign of the gold one. So I ran out to JoAnn and picked up the last metallic stamp pad set they had -- with gold, copper, silver, and platinum inks. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend ($9.99), but at least I had all the other material already. So I bought it (and an extra glue stick, just in case...) and was pleased to find it was 30% off. $7 is better than $10.

Then home, where I played with the inks on a black background and some layers of colored paper on the cream cards. It ended up looking handsome -- or at least not an embarassment. :)

Of course, in my haste to finish, I quickly wrapped the cards and put everything away. So no pictures. Oh well!

Didn't do any other crafting today... though we did send the package to Beck and Steve, and I sent a sympathy card to Dan.

Oh -- yesterday I used the epoxy to bond the gems and the links -- so, really, the hard part is over! Tomorrow I have to work a bit late, so I might just focus on stitching the bookmark. I'd like to have a little more time to settle in with the beading...

No comments:

Post a Comment