Saturday, December 19, 2009

crafty, productive Friday

Got up when Wil left for work and got right to my list. First a bit of laundry, then one drying rack full of dishes. Also contemplated a run, since I didn't run on Thursday, but wanted to give myself a little more rest before the back to back weekend runs.

Then I finished the earrings -- I had almost finished them on Thursday night -- but not all the way. So I got to work and finished the pink earrings. They look amazing! I think Rebecca will love them:



I'm also thrilled with the topaz earrings -- they really look great with the necklace that inspired them:



But I think my favorite pair has to be the olivine/fuschia/copper pair. Really beautiful -- very much my style. Here is a bad photo of all three pair. Didn't have the patience to get the lighting right. :):



Then some more tidying -- some more dishes, a quick shower, and then I put my new scrapbook paper storage together (it fits -- huzzah). Got my scrapbook stuff out and did a few more pages for the running scrapbook.

Rebecca did me the huge favor of picking up (and, frankly, picking out) the popcorn popper and popcorn bowl for Charley and Pam's present. She came by while I was on the phone with Disney -- yes, I FINALLY booked the rest of the package for our trip in a few weeks. :) I got a patient, if also slow, agent, who got me a price $150 lower than the last one I was quoted. So that was nice!

Then I went over to Reba's to encourage her to pack her things. I sat there and stitched mom's bookmark (coming along -- though I don't really expect to finish the stitching tomorrow). Then a trip to Sip n Ship to drop off the packages, then a jaunt to REI to pick up socks for Eric, and then home.

I beat Wil home by about an hour -- which gave me time to order the 'Zaw pizzaI had promised. (Well, okay, I promised that I would make him a pizza. I made a pizza order, instead...) And work on my race scrapbook some more.

Today (Saturday) wasn't very creative -- though I did get all but the pages for the Girls on the Run 5K done -- I'd like to do that sooner rather than later, just while the memories are fresh. (Maybe Monday night?) I also got some crucial ingredients: some rum, the candy for C&P's present, and a couple of small stocking stuffers for Wil.

(Starting to panic that I haven't got enough presents for Wil -- tomorrow I must wrap everything and see how I feel. There are a LOT of presents under the tree with my name on them. Oops.

Still no package from the bottlecap lady, which makes me anxious. I think the flattened ones with the stickers are the simplest way to go -- and perhaps they will still be useful for other projects? (I think flattened will be better for scrapbooking... )

Oh, and I decorated the tree. We now just have ornaments from our life together -- except for my own first Christmas tiger ornament, one of the gold foil "fountains" from my folks' tree, and the stained glass ornaments and star that my mom made. Not a single Tigger. :) Lots of ormanents from our road trips, our journeys, etc. It's nice to have them all.

So. Sunday plans. Looooong run in the morning, then I will wrap presents in the afternoon. Maybe make last-minute lists of things to get, do. Then maybe a tiny bit of stitching. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment