Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Secret Santa, part 2

Came in today to find a plate of cookies on my desk... which I assumed were from JenW, and then we both went, "Ooooh! Secret Santa!" But then Kerry came by -- they were her awesome cookies (should have known!). So no sign, so far, of my Secret Santa. Don't know why it makes me feel a bit sad.

JenG wasn't in today so she didn't get her gift... hoping that she comes in tomorrow and sees it!

Because work was a bit icky yesterday, I happily distracted myself by already thinking about this coming weekend. (Yes, it's Tuesday, but it's the END of Tuesday, and this is a 4-day week, so let me enjoy it, okay?)

Sorted the threads and started stitching the bookmark this evening -- got about 40 minutes of stitching, which was going extra slow because I have started in the center of the piece with the silver thread. Still, good to get that underway!

My main focus of Friday, however, will be getting the earrings made and "finishing" my running scrapbook. Still can't really decide how to organize it -- do the Disney races get pages? No (stream of consciousness blogging!) -- I have decided not. The race scrapbook is a place to capture races that aren't captured elsewhere -- but there will be a Disney scrapbook that will capture the WDW marathon and DL 1/2. (And the 2010 Goofy!!!)

With no further ado, the plan for the weekend:

Thursday night:
come home and put lights on the tree

Friday:
make pink earrings (do I need to get additional stones? if so, wait until "finished" with all 3 pairs)
make olivine earrings
make topaz earrings (again, do I need additional stones? if so -- go now!)
finish earrings if necessary
put scrapbook storage together
move paper upstairs
"finish" race scrapbook
put supplies away
wrap Wil's presents

Saturday:
run in the morning
wrap remaining presents
decorate tree
stitch bookmark

Sunday:
run in the morning
stitch bookmark (finish?)

Only Friday is exciting. I think the earrings aren't very complicated -- they shouldn't take too long. Unless I need to make a supply run. It has only just occurred to me that olivine may be the perfect color to go with the topaz earrings. Oh well. I may even have some olivine bicones, if not rounds.

I would also very much like to organize my scrapbook supplies. Thrilled that the storage things came. Need to stop agonizing about the "right" way to store things, and just store things. At least the paper will be sorted out. I think most of the storage problem is the "stuff to scrap" rather than "scrapbook stuff", if you know what I mean. Again, if I can get the Disney stuff done, that's a huge bag cleaned up. That's the goal for the week after Christmas... scrap all of previous Disney AND get the FE gifts done. As a plus-up bonus, wouldn't it be amazing to finish the ORIGINAL road trip scrapbook? I've got scads of pages done for that one, but I haven't actually put most of them in sleeves. That should be the next big thing. AFTER Disney. Really must get at least 2009 WDW scrapped before we go down in 2010.

Also, as I've said, I want to "finish" the race book -- there aren't that many pages left to do, and it's so freaking satisfying! Plus, my last race of the year was really inspirational. Want to capture that while it still feels great. So left to scrap in running:
- NYC runs (Central Park Reservoir, Roosevelt Island)
- SF Golden Gate Park run
- NYC bridge run
- NYC Harlem 5K
- Girls on the Run 5K
(I think that's it for now?)

None of those should take long -- not that many things to include, which will leave me some room to "journal".

I know no one will ever read this blog, but it's great to have this to keep track of my scattered projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment