Monday, November 1, 2010

AEDM Day 1: Dia de los Muertos Calavera



Today is the first day of "Art Every Day Month". I had hoped to "prepare" better for this month... make sure I had brainstormed some projects, gotten the supplies, etc. But October got away from me and I found myself a little unprepared for this task.

Happily, today is also Dia de los Muertos -- the Day of the Dead. I've always loved the sugar skulls, or calavera, so when I saw plain papier mache skulls at the craft store several weeks ago, I bought a few to play with. Inspiration + on-hand supplies + desperation = a great little project to kick things off.

This was something of an office supplies project -- okay, the white base is poster paint (not Liquid Paper...), but the marks are all in Sharpie or highlighter pens. It was fun to doodle and play with filling the space.

1 comment:

  1. Sunny! I love how you used what you had (where *did* you get that skull?!) - and I love that you were inspired by a holiday. A friend of mine had this very similar Halloween costume (just add some orange!). So cool!!

    xox, Syl

    ReplyDelete