Thursday, February 11, 2010

fleur de lis cushion -- complete!

Got home after dinner tonight (nice little Thai place in Juanita Beach; lovely food, noisy clientele...) and got immediately to work. Trimmed the excess needlepoint canvas, cut the velvet to match, pinned everything together, and stitched. It's always so tragic how small things get -- you think, when you're stitching, that something is MASSIVE. Nope. It's really just a little throw pillow. But it came together beautifully and it looks really nice. (If I do say so myself!)

A perfect stashtacular project -- I used an old, completed needlepoint canvas, some spare black velvet, and some fiberfill that had probably been in my possession for over a decade. Fantastic! And just in time, too -- tomorrow I'm hanging out with the birthday girl and giving her a beautiful, hand stitched and hand finished cushion that will match her couch perfectly. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment